Cook and Company ensures that all clientele, including individuals, partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies, estates and trusts can benefit from our knowledge, technology and resources. We consistently champion the promise of making every effort to ensure that you pay the minimum amount of tax allowable under the tax code (the correct amount of tax).
Cook and Company plays a central and essential role in supporting taxpayers by providing income tax filings and audit representation. We partner with software vendors, continuing education providers and others to deliver services that help the tax paying public.
Today, Cook and Company performs a range of critical functions that include, among others:
• Educating and advising individuals, corporate officers, board members, managers, partners, executors and trustees in tax matters;
• Processing hundreds (really thousands) of tax return filings each year;
• Representing taxpayers before all administrative levels of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state departments of revenue;
• Interpreting and applying federal and state rules and regulations;
• Servicing hundreds of accounts, securing and storing confidential tax and financial information; and
• Operating information technology systems and tools that manage millions in tax dollars.
This is a complex, multifaceted mission that calls on a range of staff skills and demands coordination between the various functions involved. Consequently, Cook and Company emphasizes tangible results and efficient performance, as well as the continuous improvement of the processes and systems that support our mission (see our ten step process).